How to install Access Medicine
The AccessMedicine App is a subset of the AccessMedicine database and includes: Quick Medical Dx & Rx (quick clinical reference); Fitzpatrick’s Clinical Dermatology Atlas (color images plus an outline of skin disorders and diseases); Diagnosaurus® (a differential diagnosis tool); and Guide to Diagnostics Tests (quick reference of commonly used tests).
How to install ClinicalKey
Please note: You will need a ClinicalKey remote access valid account with a username and password. You have only one type of an account: a remote account.
Please follow the steps below:
After completing these steps, you will be able to start using the mobile app. The index is designated by the 3 parallel lines If you click on it you will be able to browse: Books, Journals, Drug Monographs, Etc.
How to install EBSCOhost
How to create your MyAccess Profile
In order to take advantage of some of the features of the platform, like using the mobile app, taking quizzes or using the flashcards, you need to create a My Access account. This account will work across the AccessMedicine, Access Neurology, AccessPediatrics, and AccessSurgery databases.
1. Access the database from library
2. Clicking on the CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK banner in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
3. Click on "Sign in or Create MyAccess Profile?" to create an account.
4. A window will open and you will click on the option “Create a Free MyAccess Profile”
5. Another window will open and you will need to fill in all the required fields, pick a username and password.
6. Once you have created your username and password you are ready to sign in your MyAccess Profile and use the resource.
How to install UptoDate
Mobile access via the app requires creation of an UpToDate account. Follow the instructions below to create your account, install the app, and maintain remote access to UpToDate.
Step by Step:
Note: that no more than two mobile devices are allowed to share one UpToDate account. You will need to log out from one of the devices to access UpToDate on the other device.
Every 90 days UpToDate will email you either on your mobile device or standalone computer that you need to verify your affiliation with CCNY. Don't Panic. You do not need to be on campus. To verify your identity, simply log in to your UptoDate Anywhere account.
How to install VisualDx